Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Psalm 46:10

Every time I put Emma down for her nap, I am reminded of this verse. She fights sleep even as her eyes are rolling back in her head. I, being her mother, know that the best thing for her to do would be close her eyes, stop her kicking, and just relax into my arms. She can fall asleep peacefully knowing that I love her, and when she wakes up, I'll be there to provide for her. "Be still, and know that I am Mommy..."

Could God give me a clearer message???

Just as I want Emma to give in and trust me, He, my Heavenly Father, wants me to lean fully into His strong arms and relax. He knows what I need when I don't have a clue. He holds on tightly and lovingly while I kick and fuss, refusing to bend my will to fit His. Ultimately He wins, and undoubtedly it is what's best for me. Why not just crawl into His open arms, "stop striving", and know that He is God? Rest and relaxation at its finest...



"Be still (NAS: Cease striving), and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

1 comment:

  1. one of the things i love most about being a mother is how God reveals himself through them...at times it is a painful conviction but after the sting, the beauty in the conviction is revealed.

    ReplyDelete