Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fantastic Switch


Lately Emma Jane has been very mommy-centered, partially stemming, I think, from lack of Daddy time. He had some late work nights, softball games, church, etc., and she hadn't gotten to see him much this week. My name (Mommy) was being said more often than ever, and it felt like I was the only one in the world who could meet her needs... slightly overwhelming at times. Last night, Emma re-fell in love with her daddy, and today, Daddy has been the only one she needs. They have made trips to Lowe's together, planted Amaryllis bulbs, carryied dirt around the yard, played football, and eaten meals together. She has insisted that Daddy get her out of her carseat each time and that Daddy change her diaper. I know it's a small thing, but it just assures me that God intended us to parent together... in a pair... Just when I had reached my breaking point, Daddy was there to meet the needs and wants of a somewhat needy and wanty 22 month old! Maybe by the end of this weekend I will be jealous for her time and affection, thus ready to face another week with little daddy time, but at this moment, I am in love with my little girl's love for her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment